Thursday 27 December 2007

Last 5 days of 2007

Time really flies...today is 27th of December and we have less than 5 days to reach end of 2007 and begin with a new 2008.

Many would have been preparing for year end gathering, singing Aulang syne to a great year whilst embracing the brand new year and I myself are also preparing one gathering among few friends over at my home in the next few days.

At Corporate front, we are scrambling to hit our budget of RM280m by 31/12/2007 (It shall be another record year !). The workout on paper is achievable but the real confirmation would have to be till the eleventh hour...

What is the significant of this situation to us, to me ?

In self improvement world...we always need to ask ourself the following few questions;

What have I achieved in 2007 ? What are the obstacles that I have gone through ? What have I failed to accomplish ?

Then, we need to ask what we are going to do next year ? Our expectation in our quest of excellence ? Our life's wishes ? How have we progress in our quest to achieve what we want in life ?

Remember, our teacher used to ask us to write a New Year Resolution ?? (I remember when I wrote my New Year Resolution for 1990 in my PA class, I achieved what I have written an "A+, the best of all" for PA in the STPM...and this just one of the many real achievements when I wrote down my wishes)

For me,...all these questions have probably been answered partly and yet to be aligned. All I need to complete this task with proper tracking and feedback method. I have to admit that it is always tougher to disciplinely manage our personal things as when compared to corporate responsibility. But hey...the master said that if we cannot do welll on our own personal things, we also could not do well on our corporate engagement.

****

Some shopping malls had already changed tune and started playing the Ding Dong Chiang...building up the Chinese New Year's mood. I saw people started buying the VCD/DVD of CNY songs/movie.

I am still incline to Christmas mood as Christmas shall be celebrated for 12 days till 5th of January 2008. Only after that I will put up CNY songs...to drum up to our Reunion 2008 ! Ya !

2 comments:

Hornbill said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family and a great new year full with love and health.

mygreatbuds said...

Merry Christmas to you too. Thanks Hornbill.