Thursday 6 December 2007

Cicada..when was the last time you see it ?

Some 20-30 years back in Sibu, I used to see cicada or in foochow..."nga chi" almost every night especially in my alma mater. It is harmless but like to make a lot of sound. Nowadays, I hardly saw it...I do not know whether my kids had met any of them before ?
I remembered that they have few colours; green, yellow, black and dark green (like the one in photo)
Last night...this special insect was brought in our chat, as we often have them in the SHS library...making a lot of noice beside the frogs...especially during mating season.

When I tried to reflect, these insects, animal even fishes..leh hu may faced extinction especially in the city as the environment may not be conducive for them to live or multiply.

I ever heard from old G that cicada brings happiness to home. How true..I am not too sure but one good thing is children like to play with them...trying to catch them as they fly hitting the walls or the flouresen lights...indirectly giving much joy to children.
Hope can show to my kids to them the next round I bump into them.

1 comment:

Heroes said...

Yeah, it's been years i didn't see a cicada. Where have they gone?