Monday 3 December 2007

IT Fair that gives Celcom Broadband a Lift..

Yesterday, I am supposed to buy a new HTC dual touch at the IT Fair in Kuching to complement my DIGI broadband usage as for the last 2 weeks I have been changing my sim card on my N80 (troublesome and some people said that by using my handphone as modem, it will reduce the phone life due to heavy usage at maximum level...importantly when I am shiok browsing internet...I will be out of touch as friends cannot contact me)
I did check the HTC price and it was quite pricey at RM2,399 but they offered a lot of goodies...2GB external card, bluetooth ear, RM100 airasia voucher..but then the price is not within my budget...so I hesitated...and walk away to look at other counters...
As I continue with my checking to look at other brands, one Celcom Broadband (wearing blue shirt)staff approached me but I nicely brushed him aside by saying to him that I would have signed up Celcom broadband 6 months earlier if not because of the extra charges for loading and uploading. The staff is blurr with my comments and I sportingly challenge him to check with his boss as this additional charges is a disadvantage to their selling (feeling proud and justified that I have chosen the best broadband value for money as mentioned is my previous blog)
So, I continue on with my window shopping through the IT stores..as I walked back passing by another Celcom store, I was approached by a friendly and pretty face (a local beauty) but nicely I told her that her colleague had approached me on this and briefly told her about my reservation...at that moment, her boss just popped up in front of me and quickly addressed the reservation and assured that Celcom Broadband also provide unlimited usage and no charges for downloading or uploading except for pay sites...to me this is good news as Celcom offers 3G speed whilst DIGI only Edge speed though it is more expensive by RM2 a month. But still not convince, I press for more answer and he assured me that is the fact as he is already using such services (actually we discuss for about 30 minutes). Feeling assured, I registered myself to try it out.
As on my way back, I called up Celcom customer service...1111, they gave me the answer I want...no additional charges for uploading or downloading except for pay sites and this already meet my need on internet usage at this moment (important must be able to browse, uploading blogs without additional charges).
So far, I am still using DIGI services until Celcom's line is up...(tommorow would need to deactivate DIGI...)
Oh,yes...I also bought a Laptopconnect USB service and wireless data service device (an air card - Brand AT&T) costing me RM499.00. Well, better than getting a phone or smart phone as the device can support the speed up to max 3.6Mbps (of course for 3G..it shall be only 384kbps..good for future upgrade...3.5 or 5G).

No comments: