Saturday 5 January 2008

1st Day in Primary School

On the 3rd of Jan, yeap...it is 3 days back....the alarm set for 6.00a.m the night before has not ring...as it is only 5.30 a.m., Rachel has already awaken from her sleep but I have told her that the alarm has not ring. She said that she could not sleep as she want to prepare herself to go to school.

I could not remember my feeling on the first day in Primary School back in 1978 (that was 30 years back..of course..lah) but I am sure it is just like my little Rachel very eager for her first day at the school.

The first day was very exciting for her as she relates to me in the evening though she felt the tiredness in her. That is of course as the class at 7.30a.m but she must be in school latest 7.15 a.m. The class only finishes at 12.55p.m. That is five and a half hours time spent in the school. It is longer hours when compared to her Kindi time (8.00 a.m to 11 a.m) and she would take her lunch at 12 noon.(but now...she will only be able to take lunch at 1.30pm)

As parents, our tasks is more diversified now though the main responsibility (may be becoming more intense) overall still remain the same. We need to juggle our time and provide different needs at different level and time. Soon, she will need to go for tuition class not only on her school subjects, but for Art or Music plus sports as what I have been considering in my mind for the last few months. That means additional expenses will kick in.

That first day, though we have arranged a school bus to pick her from the school to her old Kindi, I went also at 12.55 p.m just to ensure the arrangement is smoothly done. As I observe her from far, I am very happy to see that she is very attentive in the class although her classmates are already felt restless as some of the parents were just standing beside the windows. When she saw me, she gracefully wave her right hand softly and smile sweetly to me. I was actually standing about 30 metres from her class's windows. I can see her spirit much liften (I think that is motivational)

I can feel that the satisfaction of being parents (especially when I have my own children as I look back to my parents) is to see your children grown up as a good, filial and useful person. Don't we agree ?

No comments: