Tuesday 20 November 2007

My Favourite Dry Mee


Whether it is kampua mee or kolok mee....I like to have it almost every day, that is why I could maintain my ideal weight...

Thanks to courtesy of Monkey Wong and Kampua Talk, I found these delicious photos...

You can have the best kolok in Kuching, whilst Kampua in Sibu...






Exactly where you may ask...? Well, in my opinion,

a) Kolok mee - Chuen Yuen coffee shop at Abell Road or Yong Chuen (beside Continental hotel)

b) Kampua mee - at Jln Long Bridge in Sibu, in Kuching...you can look for Sim Poh Poh...

BTW, the price per plate has just been recently increased ! A plate now costs RM2.70 ! (of course if you go around, you can still find some selling at only RM2.20-RM2.40).

For special kolok as the one shows below...

It will cost you at least RM5.00 !

6 comments:

Heroes said...

I knew that you like to eat mee very much. By eating mee, you could maintain your "ideal weight"??? Did I hear wrongly? Hey, you consider your current size is ideal weight kar!!! He he......still remember your targeted weight years years back?

I do like kolo or kampua mee but not everyday eat lor....The kolo mee at Sin Po Po is one of the best in Kuching also. That Monday night, when we reached at Sin Po Po, I thought that I could eat the kolo mee there after months....but unfortunately......the price was increased. :-( ...

mygreatbuds said...

It should be..that is why I could not maintain my weight...(red face)

Hey, partly because of my work requirement..lah...so hard to do detox during working week. Must find alternative to do a short one...during weekend or holidays (but then again...why so stressful over this ?)

Pat said...

I almost cried when I saw this posting, its been almost two years since I had real kampua mee, and the picture just looked sooo delicious :)

Every time I go back to Sibu for CNY, I tell my parents not to cook breakfast or lunch for me, coz I will be eating kampua mee!

But I heard most stalls use vegetable oil rather than pork oil, makes it healthier.

Ivy said...

Can somebody tell me whr is Sin Poh Poh? Must go and try.

Sometimes whn we go makan and I am lazy to go and order, I ask my hubby to help me order, so I teach him to say in foochow "kam-puan so puan, puak tou-you puak lak"...only whn said in foochow the kam-pua comes out exactly the way I want it, heh heh heh..

mygreatbuds said...

Ivy, Sin Poh Poh is just beside Borneo Tours, opposite the KMC flat and behind Dr. Loh's clinic (Padungan area).

For the moment, I am "boycott" them as they increase their price by 0.20 to RM2.70 per plate...rather go elsewhere...(may when everybody increase, I might go back..)

William said...

The kampua at LAu Lee cafe next to it also tasted not bad. Don't know how much is it now.