Sunday 25 November 2007

Grasshopper Time

Yesterday, as I passed by a patch of grass at SGH, I suddenly recalled about grasshoppper and the sweet time at young age whereby I used to catch grasshopper at the school field for our science class. We actually studied its life, anatomy of the grasshopper and contribution to the green (also I use it as a bait for my fishing trip...lehhu likes it...talking about fish, the Oya Road longkau (ang chui kau) is getting dirtier and last time, I could remember that it is much cleaner and we have a lot of leh hu, sparks and comboi hu in it...now I think there is hardly any..ang tan (red worms...my siobak hu likes it very much) also don't have already...the ang chui also turn into tehsi colour already)
It is a long..long time since the last I saw a live grasshopper (must go and catch one). To me, it linked to happiness as young kids I used to hop and chase them in the green field. Running around and hopping like grasshopper with my friends at the field as very relaxing time. This also recall the time when we liked to ball in the field especially when it rains. I remember one time Bro. Albinus was shouting at a group us from Block 4 (Boys...what are you doing there...come here now !) when we played football during a heavy rain. All of us suddenly became like commandos, crawling on the ground and sneak away. Actually, I know...he is worried about us as we may be struck by lightning.
Well, greenery is good and the colour of it is soothing and help to ease our eyes tension...that is why green is the main colour in the surgery room as it could reduce the tensions for the doctors and nurses when doing their important and critical tasks. I remember back in 2005, when visiting Sydney..I came across a green park where it is so beautiful and refreshing...so much so that the angmos just like to have picnic or sunbathing on the green. I think they know that is good for them...I always looking forward to revisit this refreshing environment soon.

Back on grasshopper :
Hey,...do you know that grasshopper can be dangerous and damaging to plantation/plants...there is a movie about them and they can bring disasters when in millions. The photo at the left shows that the grasshopper is very big about the size of a normal dog ?
But there is also a good thing also...we have a HK Canto pop Grasshopper band...I still listen to their songs...active and refreshing for Monday or weekend leh..as it moves our body !
Thank God, in Malaysia...we do not have such a threat and our grasshoppers are friendly though..and foremost...we must appreciate grasshopper and greenery.

3 comments:

Heroes said...

When I read the 1st paragraph, I thought that I am reading Phua Chu Kang's post.... :-)

Wow...talking about the ang tan, it's still fresh in my mind that we even stepped into the longkau and used hand to take the ang tan!!! Can you imagine how dirty the longkau it was??? I think if you ask me to go near the longkau at lai chee lane now.....i no need to eat anything for days!!!

In Sydney, we were so admired them that they could sunbathing on the green as the weather was cooling and as hot as the sun in Kuching.....If we do that in Kuching, we become "sio too" lor.....and it's "well done"...hahahah....

William said...

The summer in Australia is hotter than the hottest day in Malaysia. The mercury will burst the 40 degree mark. Furthermore there is no much cloud and the sun ultra violet radiation is high and make Australia exposed to the highest risk of skin cancer.

mygreatbuds said...

Will, that is true especially coming Jan-Feb in Australia.

Hey, your previous house in Sibu is the nearest to the school...a recollection of going to your house brings a lot memory too..I remember your dad had a lanchiao chia (Nissan Blue bird). At times, after exams, we will camp at your house (not overnight) playing mahjong...frankly my wisdom on mahjong actually fully mature when I further played the game at your house though the perfection of the game is in Heroes' mansion (not far from your house) :)

BTW, saw your parents many times at coffee shops using a red Merc now..