Monday 12 November 2007

A Blunder and Fruitful Experience

Last Saturday at around 6.45pm, I realised that I lost my wallet when I was preparing to go out for dinner at Buntal Fishing Village after resting in the chalet at Damai Beach Hotel. I am actually in shock and could not believe that I have lost it. I try to locate as searching through the hotel bed, the room and the whole trail from the training room to my chalet. As the time passes, I started to worry on a lot of trouble acts...have to lodge police report, cancel cards etc. At last I have decided to approach the hotel manager and inform her about the incident. She is calm and she seems to be experience in facing such incident. I have told her about how I knew about the lost and ask her to open up the training room for my searching...

Our dinner appointment is at 7.00pm, meeting at the lobby...by then all of my team members knew that I have lost my wallet and they also join in the search. I am trying to compose my emotion as their leader but deep in my heart I am actually quite frustrated on why this happens on me and I have to get some many people to assist me. After searching the training room, we still could not locate the wallet and I decided to make a simple report with the hotel security and they have assured me that they shall do the staff search as to ensure no hotel staff are involved in the mismanagement. Then, we all proceeded with our dinner as I brave myself to stay cool and composed.

On the way to the dinner place, I have also decided to make phone calls to all the bankers on the missing of my wallet and asked them to bar the credit and ATM cards. Whilst having our dinner, I am appreciative on my team members trying to figure out what could be the possibilities on my missing wallet. From the discussion, I am sure that the wallet is still in my chalet and probably "something" had covered it up as I felt there is no way that it could have been slip out from my trouser.

I am also impressed with the hotel responses as the hotel manager called me whilst I am having my dinner and updated me that they have searched the hotel staff lockers, the training premises and all the dustbins. He continues to discuss with me on the options and potentiality on how I could have slip the wallet.

After dinner, I quickly drive back and reach my room together with my family (before that I pray and invoke for Almighty's intervention and help), I move the beds and found that it is below the bed...hai! All relieved and thanking God for his protection.

Then, I have to go through the whole process of withdrawing my report with the hotel and the bankers plus telling my team members on the recovery of my wallet... (hai...liao si gan and chinsing...but relieved)

As I go through the withdrawal process, my mind is still trying to figure out why such thing had happen ? How can the wallet slip out from my trouser and flew beneath the bed ? (I do not understand...) Is there any learning process here ? Is God trying to reveal something here ? At last, I would conclude the following;

a) The process is testing my patience.
b) It is testing my response to such situation especially in front of my team member and family.
c) It also giving my the opportunity to see through the process who are helping me to stay in right perspective.
d) It train me to be more careful and alert.
e) My wife and children are all with me praying with me.
f) It reminds me of God's power and mercy.

I am glad that I found my wallet and I have passed through the test with true patience and acceptance although my worries are always there.

7 comments:

Heroes said...

Just now lunch didn't hear you mentioned this to me? Maybe u want to annouce it in your blog than telling me face 2 face....hahha...:-D

Of course losing a wallet is a horrible experience and i am not exception too. Nowadays, I must say that everyone including us, there are two carrying things that very very important to us in our daily life, i.e handphone and wallet.

It will spoilt ones mood when one of them missing!!! As it become part of our life already.

Thank God that you found yr wallet and you are cool, calm and patience....surprisingly....hehehe....although it was not show on your face but i knew that you are losing your mood and maybe apetite...

Like I said everything happens, happened for a reason and there is no coincidences....

Anonymous said...

Fren,

I understood that 'unbearable' moment. I faced it during my honeymoon in overseas. It's not a wallet but a blessed wedding diamond ring. Due to the cool weather, I didn't realise that the ring dropped out. My hubby searched the hotel room while the clock was ticking as the coach was waiting at the hotel lobby.

It is the sentimental value and his loving act that matters.

By saying a prayer, we managed to find the ring and it actual of fact, it dropped inside my lugage while packing. We found it 3 minutes before our coach departed.

Prior to our finding, I didn't question God on the word "why" but kept blaming myself for being so careless. Indeed, I only hope for a miracle.

To me, it was a miracle and I do believe that God always with a person in good and bad times!

Melissa

mygreatbuds said...

Melissa, are you Melissa Wong that I know since primary one ?

Ya,..it is a horrible feeling...especially your marriage ring...huh..even greater than mine experience..

Thanks for sharing and assuring God's love.

mygreatbuds said...

Heroes, you know me quite well (quite well only...leh..) but nowadays, I am able to keep my emotion much better (yes, trying my very best) and I believe you do observe this big change, huh...

Yeap...I keep telling myself to stay cool and not to show my loss of appetite...trying to avoid this uneasy feeling especially I am leading the group on TEAMWORK ! (you know how painful is inside..huh)...

Thank God all ended well though still have to pay the inconveniences to rearrange my credit cards/ATM cards...

Anonymous said...

Y, I'm that melissa. Time flies....

Ivy said...

Yeah, can understand how u felt at that time Gr8buds. I "lost" my purse one time too, only to later find it tersepit at the wheels of my office chair after 1 day of frantic searching.

I'm prone to losing things, so everytime that happens I knw I'm going to get a good lecture from my other half! The same feeling as losing an umbrella during school days, my mum wld be really mad at me.

mygreatbuds said...

Welcome Melissa.

Ivy, as long as you are not loosing your beautiful lovely smile, I am happy. Hey, on umbrella...my mum also had the same fierce look and also I got few canning from her (you know those days, we have to buy our own umbrellas (expensive..le...) and no insurance or bankers give free umbrellas)...aiyo..