Tuesday 2 September 2008

Snippets - Highlights

Be Alert On Our Electricity Bill

Our government recently announced new incentive under the Budget 2009 for the lower income group whereby for those consume monthly electricity below RM20, all charges shall be waived. So, anyone want to install extra meter to ensure your charges is below RM20 ? getting the waiver !

Before considering the above, I myself have just realised of an "irresponsible act" from the service provider whereby they have been charging my monthly usage for the past 5 years based on estimated basis. What is the discrepancy ? Well, I had only realised it after moving to my new house when I discovered the high charges of RM100+ although I have moved out in May 2008. My wife has actually told me two months earlier but as usual, I do not take immediate action for what Iconsider is small matter. Then last week, I went back to my old house to get my mails and the latest copy of the electricity bill was among the other mails. I remember what my wife had said and I quickly went to the meter to check the accuracy of the reading...

OMG...my meter reads only 9600 points but the estimate has already run into near 11,000 points. As expected, I can feel my blood pressure is rising quite rapidly (as my neck start to feel the heat) ....almost immediately I started to press my handphone to call SESCO.


Tooo.toooo..then....a sweet voice was answering my call...(my blood pressure cool off a bit)...I started to inform her about my discovery...and she is so warm and confidently tell me that she will immediately update my bill and the changes shall be reflected in my next month bill. That's it ! Such a straightforward reply from her and just because of her nice handling and assurance of the amendment, I do not grumble further and put down the phone.

However, deep in my heart..I know this is just not right and I have been paying the extra charges based on the estimates. So, if there are 30,000 customers experience like what I have....the service provider could collect the extra charges and earn on the interests for free ! we may be talking about millions of ringgit here.

Few days later, I have also conveyed to Ah Too & Mr. Tee during our usual game...they said...normal...lah ! That is why every other month, they will call up SESCO to give them the actual reading...to ensure they do not get over charged !

Well, folks....don't be like me...start checking your electricity meter to ensure the accuracy and don't give free interests to this sucker (it is just too easy for them to suck people) !

Today Is My 13th Anniversary...Life In My Industry

Yes, today is great day indeed as I reflect my first day working in an insurance company. Can you imagine, I left my house at 7.00 a.m just to reach office early but only reach home at 3.00 a.m the next morning ? My girlfriend was so worry for me and keep calling on my house phone so many times (until my housemates also start to worry) beside had to ride her bike from BBB to my rented house in Serdang just to check my whereabout (those days I do not own any handphone...so cannot be reachable so easily).

What had actually happened between 7.00 a.m to 3.00 a.m.? Anyone want to guess ?

4 comments:

Mr Tee said...

lau poh kon eh wah ai tia eh jai boh?

apparently, ladies have better instinct than guys. So never argue nor procastinate but just do it whenever you receive the memo.

I have learnt thru the hard way as well.

My last experience with SESCO is last month when I wrote wrong amt on chq as compared to the figure. I received a call from Billing Dept to inform me abt this issue and was asked to deliver the replacement chq the same day. I arrived within 30 mins after the call, replaced the chq and was told my SESCO account was charged RM10 due to 'overdue'. KNN. I took back my new chq and said if they don't waive the RM10 I won't pay! U can imagine the guy's eyes almost popped out upon hearing my remarks and somemore I said I would rather use generator instead! I told him to waive it and he said only his superior can do so and the latter was having coffee break (aneh relax meh?)! I told him to bring me to the canteen but he called his superior instead and finally the RM10 is waived. Heard him said I am a good paymaster.

1 hour wasted!

Not that I was trying to be nasty but sometimes if you don't reflex some muscles u don't get your way. Thanks for the weekly squash practice!

Heroes said...

well well well....MGB & mr tee, cool down yourselves while dealing with the utilities department... but again how to cool down if we felt that we were being taken advantage by them????

Mine one was not SESCO but KWB. It's two years back when I moved into my house sometime in June 2006. I received my first water bill and you guess how much my water bill cost for my first month????

It's about RM80++ ....... OMG, I was so shocked and thought that they have sent the wrong bill to me..... Upon checking the name and address, it's correct. I was wondering how come me and my brother can used up so much water in a month!!! We don't own a washing machine and yet we were not in laundry industry....

I tried to calm myself and told my brother about it... At first, we thought that there is some leaking underneath or something... but it's not!

I called up KWB and asked them to send someone to investigate. Upon checking, he said everything normal, no leaking.... so they are not overcharged. Before he go, I noticed that the meter is running although there is nobody using the water!! Eh..how come??? no leaking but meter still running????

I immediately ask this guy to change a new meter for me, he agreed and he countered ask me whether I want to set the meter reading to zero? If yes, he demand for some money from me.... I ask him how much he want and how much my savings? Can u imagine that? But finally I gave him some money and my new meter set to zero as I could save some money.... ahahaha..

After installing the new meter, the problem still the same... my bill still the same around RM70 - RM90 per month.... It continued for three months and my brother realized that the problem is neither KWB nor leaking pipe, but instead is from our toilet. As when we flushed, the water is not stop and continue running without us realizing it.

So now we knew the problem and the bill back to normal which is below RM7 per month.... Now we have to make sure the water is stop running after we flushed.......

MGB, you told me before why you came back so late but I cant really recall...probably on the first day, after working, your bosses required to stay back and go for drinking session and sing karaoke.....

Mr Tee said...

Heroes,
I have also gone thru what happened to your toilet flush but the bill was around RM20++. My usual bill is about RM12.

Be very attentive to leaking pipe because it is our $$$ flowing. BTW, do u notice there are people who actually drips water in order to fill up their pails and they believe this is water cost saving as compared to running the water tap at normal speed? My research proved the otherwise!! So never ever drip water in order to fill up your bucket. Your toilet leaking flush confirmed my research too!

mygreatbuds said...

Mr. Tee, I do not agree with your assumption as my mum proven that dripping is a savings if you managed to collect those extra droplets. Our consumption is always at minimum charges (I think that is why...Government has not considered giving this free waiver for water consumption).

However, when there is a wastage like the example of toilet, it is true as we have not managed to use the water but it was wasted.

My first month of water bill costed me RM50. I think is fair as I believe my contractor must have daily bathing when he was doing the renovation. I need to be vigilant to observed the next few months. In the past, my water bill is always at minimum.

BTW, having Indonesian housemaid is also a factor that your water bill will rise. It is a proven research too !