Friday 12 September 2008

Snippets

Crying In The Open

Why do we cry ? We cry because our mind could not process sensibly our sad, angry, frustration or happy emotion in that moment of time ?

In the last few weeks, I have few ladies crying in front of me (not my wife and definitely not because I bully or taking advantage) because they felt great pressure when overheard negative feedbacks from peers beside great challenges in delivering their performance. In fact over the years, I have faced with such situation and now is definitely much more steady as to handle such situation and I could still remember my great mentor shared with me years back when he keeps a box of tissues eveready on his table just for such ocassion.

I told them that tears is a precious drop of water and they must strenghten themself in moving forward. Breakdown the issue upfront and always open up in discussion with close peers to get moral support, guides and develop options.

I do cry (in fact quite a lot when I was kid)...when I am sad or could not get what I could obtain or deliver or felt pain after a fall or injuries. People says it is good for washing your eyes and clear your clog emotion (may be that is why I still maintain my 20/20 vision..hehehe). As I matured, I am able to control this crying switch better.

When was the last time you shed your tears ?

3 comments:

Mr Tee said...

Hmmm...two days ago when a buddy of mine promised high for usual sweating practice but left us alone for last minute dinner with his boss.

I do keep tissue in my drawer and always handy. As you know, 90% of my staff are female and they shed tears easily when confronting problems. Oh well, it's just the feminine part of being a female. It's just part and parcel. Yawn!!!

mygreatbuds said...

Am trying to get one box for this ocassion.

mygreatbuds said...

Am trying to get one box for this ocassion.