Thursday 28 August 2008

Sarawak's 45th Independence Day

First, let me declare that I do not keep these flags like one of my girlfriends did with her school badges. I was trying to get a Sarawak flag and I find this photo very unique as providing history learning on all the flags flown in our State since 1848. I bet many of us may not know such deep history or may have forgotten (Do you realise or is there any fengshui significance on the current colour of the flag with the Brooke's dynasty ?)

I was actually awake yet again due to discomfort of my tummies but later felt that it is more towards my body stress due a overdue massage session....sore feeling here and there especially had few tight squash games on last Saturday and yesterday.


Hmm...after browsing online news, I thought about the big celebration this Sunday...our Merdeka Day...I have not prepared anything for it as yet. Further, I keep trying to recall when was my last time singing the National Anthem and State Anthem. Alamak !...can't remember how to sing the State Anthem ??? (I know I was one of the most glaring voice during the school assembly...seriously, anyone of you remember ? :) ).

Hai, memang malu ! Thanks to our IT connecting ability...nah....within seconds...I got the lyrics...Ibu Pertiwiku


Sarawak Tanah Airku


Negeriku Tanah Airku Sarawak


Engkaulah tanah pusakaku


Tanah tumpah darahku Ibu pertiwiku
Rakyat hidup mesra dan bahagia


Damai muhibah sentiasa


Bersatu Berusaha Berbakti


Untuk Sarawak kucintai
Sarawak dalam Malaysia


Aman makmur Rahmat Tuhan Maha Esa


Kekallah Sarawak bertuah


Teras perjuangan rakyat


Berjaya berdaulat


Can sing ? (I can now....automatic...lah....hehehe). I will sing on this Sunday together with my kids in celebrating the birth of our country/state. hoohah..



1 comment:

William said...

The flags used in Sarawak are interesting. Australian flag is flying in Sarawak for half a year. This is after the second world war where the Australian Army keep the law and order in Sarawak.

The different between the Sarawak flag now and during the Brooke / British era is the shape. The colours remained. Note that it changed from cross to star. This also symbolise the transition from Christianity as the state religion to Islam.

Have a joyful Hari Kebangsaan this Sunday.