Tuesday 16 October 2007

My Birthday Celebration 2007


I have taken this photo on a laptop (at one of the PC outlet at Tun Jugah, Kuching) on my birthday...if you noticed, it is 8 something on 14th Oct..the time is about the same time that I was born as per my mother's handwriting on my birth certificate. (Those days, the govt does not type in the time like now...my children have their exact timing as declared by doctor on their birth certificate.)

Rewind...two days back...

This year's birthday celebration started few days earlier due to holidays. My staff organised a birthday cake and song singing at the office on last Friday, 12th Oct as my birthday this year falls on Sunday. It was the usual birthday singing and wishing as we have set in our office that all staff's birthday must be remembered and celebrated.

It was quite a busy weekend as I have few events to be involved. On the eve, 13th Oct, at 9a.m, I climbed up Mount Singai on a pilgrimage with my fellow brothers and sisters of Legion of Mary (Mater Misericordiae - Mother of Mercy). It was a refreshing session as we have the Station of the Cross from the foot of the hill to the top. We concluded the session with a Mass celebration and rosary recitation in front of the shrine of Mother Mary. As promised, I have also prayed for the peace & health to all my SHS8890 Alumni blog friends...Actually we are supposed to have stayed over night but later due to poor response on the night stay, we have programme it on a day trip. Thus, I descended and arrive back at my sweet home around 2pm.

Refresh myself and zooom...I made a Hari Raya visit to one of my supporter's house and there I met Heroes & his sworn-brother, Tommy. We chit-chat for about an hour and have to rush back to pick up my wife and kids for the sunset mass at St. Peter's Church, Padungan. I am early as I have to sell the Today's Catholic, a monthly Catholic newpaper together with few brothers and sisters (the same Legion as it was my weekly assignment).

The mass ended at sharp 7.00pm. We adjourned for my birthday dinner...organised by my wife specially for me at Kampung Buntal together with my bro-in-law and family from Sibu. We drove for about 40 minutes..a bit slow than usual as the road is quite congested with cars doing the raya visitation along the way to Damai.

Hey, I have a "Kompia" look alike cheese cake as my birthday cake from Secret Recipe...costing RM70 ! The taste is very nice..my kids, wife and inlaws sang the usual birthday song and I made a wish and blow the 36 little candles. A simple and memorable birthday dinner indeed...what else I could ask more ? am already satisfy with the love and presence of my loved ones together with me...
Back to the actual day and time...the time taking the photo on the laptop... after that I bought myself a birthday gift from the shop...not a laptop or N95...but a more meaningful gift..the portable hard disk.:)

No comments: