Monday 2 June 2008

Hard To Have Nice Dinner

Yesterday, I had a hard time to find place for nice dinner as every good place seems to be mob by diners. Every year during this time, I know it is always hard to get a place especially if you want to have special dining experience, we cannot have the best place, the 2nd best is good enough.

So, I managed to get a table at the 2nd favourite stall at top spot seafood centre and it was at the very corner. To order, it took me 10 minutes as there are a lot of people cramping at the small place. Well, managed to have my order done but was nicely warned by the waitress that I need to be patience and may have to wait quite a long while. Looking at the sea of people, I said I could understand but try to be faster...and so, I quickly order side dishes from satay stall just to fill up my crounching stomach (grrrhhh sound).

True enough, my first dish (Butter prawn) was only out after 30 minutes and by the time the 5th dish it was already 90 minutes gone. By that time, my friends and I decided that we need to go and shall just have the last dish cancelled (manicai egg). As expected, when I try to pay the bill, it took me another 10 minutes waiting and further need to recall the same waitress to retrieve my order as there were just too many order sheets.

Hey, even the drinks operator have to collect our cups back when we order the 2nd glass as she nicely tell us that they are running out of cups.

Hmmm...The taukeh must be very happy that night....at least business increased by 100% as the really top stall was close for business due to Gawai Festive Holiday.

(You must be curious...with whom I was having this dinner....my wife was away on business trip and my kids are happily at my in-law's house...I am sure it is not too hard for you to find the answer in my blog...yeahahaha..)

10 comments:

Heroes said...

Hmm.... Mr. Alone, don't be naughty naughty...... better behave well these few days ....

That's why last night I called u up just to double check whether u r at home or not.... and to my well prediction, u r not... hahaha...

I m not curious in any way as i knew that u r good in looking friends or partners to have dinner with....

Momie said...

Heroes,

now i understand y the home minister said that u r Mr Alone's mistress...hahaha..everyday will keep track on him...jangan marah ya..:)

Anonymous said...

Confused! confused! confused!

This particular write up really confused me. Why?

Earlier on I read the blogspot created by Patrick that MGB treasures his health more than anything else as he would not go for plates of kampua, tauhu jui like he used to do years ago. Obviously, the kampua contains cholesterol. I agree.

But, with this write up, MGB mentioned that he ordered butter prawn for his dinner. Butter prawn got no cholesterol meh?

Heroes, do you have any explanation for the above?

Heroes said...

Momie, hahha...... what a word, mistress..... in fact i just helped the home minister to check while she is travelling ... :-D

Joe, don't get MGB wrong as he will take anything into his stomach while dining with certain special people and function only.... don't you know his extra large capacity? The reason behind of all this...... you should know why right? hahahha...

Anonymous said...

MGB, when was the last time you went to check for your cholesterol?

mygreatbuds said...

aiyo,,,probably 3 years back.. I have planned to do it again very soon.

joseph said...

Better do it fast before the medical centre increase the fees.

Btw, I recall you mention something about the wrong type of lemon in one of your write up months or weeks ago.

Heroes, please confirm my statement.

MGB, any update for us??

Heroes said...

MGB, plan is still a plan if no action taken... remember you told me this?

Joe, I would confirm your statement with my whole body up... anyway, we better don't add salt on people's wound lor... we just wait for the best to come...

Joe, orang tengah tension lar...

mygreatbuds said...

Heroes, when there is no action that is also a plan. A plan of no action ! got it !

Joe, sucking lemon is good but suckling pigs are more delicious. Just got another message from a lovely sweet young doctor, all good delicious food are usually not good for our health...

For the end result, I would let your eyes eat the mouth later...hooha !

joseph said...

MGB, obviously suckling pig is more delicious as they are still taking milk from its mother. But I hardly go for meat nowadays. I mean I do take meat occasionally.

Heores, would you dare to let your eyes eat the mouth?? Honestly, I don't know how.