Tuesday 27 May 2008

West Malaysian Visitors

Today, I have two lady visitors who specially flew down to survey the tourist attraction sites in Kuching. I was only to meet them at lunch as their programme has been carefully lined by the tour agent from the touch down at the airport and back to departure hall to KL the next day.

They are expert as they are entrusted to evaluate and report back to the committee of what is the best place for makan, play and visiting. It seems as local, I am ignorant to their questions as probably I am not particular of the places of tourist locally. Lunch at Mango Tree (my 3rd time I think) is superb as of course no. 1, it is free and secondly they presented grand dishes (don't know how much).

To be host to 2 person is easy but when to a group of 100 people (yup..we are going to have 110 people coming...pumping in RM200k into Kuching economy), it really needs expert to carefully plan out the programme, if not...there will be chaotic situation. When they asked me about..the best place for laksa..my answer would be at kopi hui but definitely it cannot cater more than 20 people at one time...so, I have to agree with them to go for Mdm Tang's place, which could cater at least 50 people at one time and needed to spread over to neighbouring food cafe.

For seafood dinner...we can have it at carpark but need to book half of the place as normally it is pack with customers at evening.

For spa, it is also headache as limited places especially when quality is a must.

Frankly, in my observation, tourism quality in Kuching is still lagging behind other cities in Malaysia although our State government has done a lot to it but still when comparing to the information centre and places of attractions, we are still much behind, dont you think so ? or we are just being ignorant local.

Coming back to my visitors, I am supposed to join them tasting food at ABC but I could not make it as I need to visit a newly baptised brother as my Legion's weekly assignment. Tomorrow, they will be at Damai Puri surveying the latest offer by the new management. I have not been there since the last old management by Holiday Inn. Market feedback is very good and hot with new spa facililty and so forth....
Mmm..will keep all posted when I am there soon !

9 comments:

Heroes said...

MGB, these tow ladies purposely flew down to interview you on our local attraction?????

On spa, don't you mention our friends?

You didn't bring them to our usual dinner place at Jalan Song kar? hehehee......

Anonymous said...

MGM, please recommend to them the town that you learn to play mahjong, racing bicycle and catching "leh hu."

There are plenty of eating place and spa here.

Btw, how on earth that you have this "kan thow" of playing host to 2 ladies??

I am as curious as Heroes.

mygreatbuds said...

Not I do not want to disclose but not now....but only when the time is right..if not, may be expose by unwanted force...

Anonymous said...

MGB, you keep both heroes and I suspend-lah.

suspend = curiosity = insomnia

I am sure you don;t have the heart to see both heroes and I to have insomnia, MGB!!

Heroes said...

MGB, you answer seem like you didn't say anything... anyway rather than you keep quiet.... hahaha ...

Joe, don't push him lor .... u know lar, he purposely said it out to let us knew and of course he don't want to share with us the good one lor.....

Joe, sleep tight......

joseph said...

MGB, I respect your privacy. You can be certain that there is no more equiries from me. If ever there is, you can take out your gun (not that "gun" please!) and pull the trigger.

Btw, Heroes, we are having holiday next mon and Tue. Don't be jealous, kay??

Heroes said...

hey joe, please don't keep reminding me that i have to work on mon and tue....... do u know that i have cried out for days after knowing it..... (crying again)....

Momie said...

heroes, not only u..sis here also crying..:(

mygreatbuds said...

Public holiday is really good better than annual leave...at least for me.

If annual leave...office/customers will still call me...

Public holiday...everyone is on holiday...so no calls..

Heroes, one must be at the right place at the right time..right ? So this time, you are at wrong place...so you have to work..loh..but the liar king is smart to be at home during this time with family...so he is at the right place..he is smart..leh...