Wednesday 26 November 2008

What Do You Like To Hear ?

Frankly, the songs that I do not prefer to hear at this moment is the GongXiFaCai but just can help it when you are in Kenyalang Commercial Centre in Kuching though it is still very much about 60 days to go. You bet...they are already playing the songs as to push the sales of the CNY VCD/DVD and could not care for Christmas songs etc although I saw the decoration offered are still very much Christmas settings. Hmm...confuse ?

However, the real fact is we will be into the last month of the year in the next few days, so time is running real fast. I have been promoting/asking few takers to organise our usual year end get together event but it seems they are non-commital or keep low profile leh. I hope very very soon, they will inform me that on certain date in December, please get ready your potluck for our get together....on yes ! (my ears are big but now are longer due to the waiting period I guess..)

Aha...how about the much waiting 21st Reunion SHS Alumni 88-90 ? It was a hit in the last round when we drum all the way...but this time round, things have been very quiet, no one seems to bother to ask although I have already few requests from the teachers when we last met, remember Mdm Wong, Mdm Hii, Mr. Lopez to name a few whom had yet to attend any of our past reunion events...

Heroes/Mr. Tee, apa dah jadi ? Pat, why so quiet ? Ivy, just busy with new boyfriend ? Joe, are the Hongkies coming again ? Ted, where are you, hello ? Am I singing solo here ? I thought it should have been a choir singing ?

I have a suggestion....as the immediate past chairman, we let Pat to check on his successor, boleh..tak ? or let Mr. Tee, who is THE contact King of our time...I was told by someone previously...(just can't recall who that was or probably in one of the emails)

Last but not least, the song that I like to hear now, is...from my boss....this year bonus shall be the same if not better ? If nothing, I will still give you.....do you like it also ? hehehe

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should ask the new chairman to do something. He has just moved to a new office. Lets hope he could find time to organize the reunion.

Mr chairman, if you are reading this blog, please write something.

Ivy said...

Gr8buds, the other day at breakfast I beriya-iya (Jo, my BM correct kah?) want to start the ball rolling for a year-end gathering leh....but you kept going in the direction of less-possibility - if our friend can't host the gathering, we plan lah something else.

I suggest we make things simple this year and pick a place where food is American pay. Kenny Rogers @ Spring, Holiday Inn (high tea), or even McD can do. What's important is the getting together, not where it's held. Confirm no. of kids and do gifts exchange, put on some christmas hats or something.

Anything is good for me, as long as make effort to meet up. If we can give exact date and maybe have some who are in Kch at that time to join us even better!

Anonymous said...

Ivy, you may also want to use "berura-ura." Both have the same meaning.

Now if you could please execuse me before Mr Tee comes in and asks me to "neo bee" as my standard of BM is far behind him.

I like the idea of year end- gathering, Ivy. Something simple but meaningful.

mygreatbuds said...

Hmm, swift acts met undying love to meet at least once a year....has lead to agreement to organise the year end get-together scheduled on this coming 20th December 2008.

Joe, if you are planning for short stint in kuching, remember this date.

Details shall be out in due course.

Anonymous said...

MGB, my year end schedule cannot fit in the date proposed. However, if you could put forward the gathering few days earlier, I would seriously purchase my air-ticket.

Having said that, if the date proposed cannot be changed, then you guys just go ahead and have fun.

Pat said...

Mygreatbuds, I paiseh to check on the current chairman lah. Can get Mr Tee to find out ah? As you said, time is running out...