Sunday 6 July 2008

Lost Notice

"Head Liquidmetal 140 Flexipoint"

I am hereby pleased to put up this notice to inform that anyone who are able to find and return the above squash racket, a handsome reward shall be readily served.

***
The last time I saw my 2 days old new racket was on Friday evening when I opened my Matrix car booth as my guest from outstation puts in his bag. I have actually had also newly strung string & grip and had been hopeful to try it out with Mr. Tee that evening but due to assignment given, I had to serve my guest and forgo the games.

Indeed the price of serving is huge considering this racket was my most pricey investment since my first time having a racket (Dunlop Graphite back in 1990 - my mum actually approved the buying after I had earned my salary whilst working a coffee boy during school break)..(sigh...)

From a Sherlock Holmes' mind, I would think that the racket may have actually "slipped" out when my guest opened up the booth when I sent him back to his relative's house at Satok (behind the wet market). The racket is in its original slim cover and I have only put at the side (near the edge of the booth). In fact earlier, I have the 6th feeling that it may easily drop out if one is not careful when opening and closing the door but I suppress that feeling as I believe one's aware and sensitive and such will not happen. It could not be due to theft as my new big orange sport bag is still intact in the booth.

Well, what can I say ? For sure, I will not let this shortcoming to influence my mental, spiritual and physical growth though it is wasted as much resources is involved. I have learned (or reminders) another chapter great lesson....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My head was spinning tornadoes of the lost of 2-day-old "baby." I shared your feeling of sorrow, depression, sadness of the lost, MGB.

To that day-daring rascal, I say
CBK.

Mr Tee said...

MGB,
My 'symphathy' with u over the lost of your new racquet. From pic I can see it's of good quality and must be costly.

I am declaring 9-0, 9-0, 9-0.

Regarding the trip to Sibu games, perhaps the 1st weekend (16-17) during the Aug break would be convenient since most players have young family to look after. How's that?

Joe,
Shall we start a synonym collection? CBK, CCB, KNN, KNS...anymore? LJ, NU?

Heroes said...

I could sense your disappointment when you called me that day on what had happened and immediately I recalled your earlier post with the titled 'Life' as both cause of incident look similar and sound similar. Furthermore, your statement, "In fact earlier, I have the 6th feeling that it may easily drop out if one is not careful when opening and closing the door but I suppress that feeling as I believe one's aware and sensitive and such will not happen."

I did experienced of losing 'new baby' some 13 years back. That was in 1995, when I was working in Penang. On 23/12/1995, I and my colleague went to Langkawi for Christmas holiday. In the duty free shop, I bought a pair of branded CK sunglasses cost about RM400.00 (it's expensive that time). So I wear it during my stay there.

After two days, we were about to go back to Penang and while I was in the ferry, I should had put my sunglasses in my bag but you know, as it's 'new baby', so I still wear it. I took off when I went to toilet and put on my seat and asked my friend to monitor it.

When I back to my seat again....... the sunglasses still there...(it's not stolen yet..hehe..)

I left my sunglasses on the seat when I came out from the ferry. When I realised it, immediately I rushed to my seat and this time it's gone missing until now.....13 years.

I was so sad that moment and I could feel your sadness too MGB....but at least I did took a lot of photos with my sunglasses and still have some remembrance... hehee.... BTW did you manage to take a shot of your 'new baby'??
Sorry.... :-)

By now I knew that you are happy as you have learnt a new life lesson.....

Anonymous said...

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This serves to inform whoever took away the racket to return to the owner if you are NOT 6-foot tall.

Also, if you are just a beginner, kindly do the same as you don;t need such a top-notch racket.

Anonymous said...

You got the synonym collection, Mr Tee.

mygreatbuds said...

I am cheerful and happy again because all of you share my sorrow.

I believe that is why most people will feel comforted when others are sharing their sadness.

I will get a new one soon but wait till my piggy bank is full again.

Joe, I confuse lah...CBK or CKB ?

Anonymous said...

I am suprise-lah that you pay attention to the synonym. I thought all this while only Mr Tee and I are interested to use the said synonym. For that, I say "Welcome."

Yes, it is CBK.

Momie said...

Mr Tee & Joe,

hahaha..i'm surprised that both of you hv synonym collection..really make me LOL...

Well, i would like to contribute some for your synonym collection then..hahahah..

SNU,LL,NN,PB..

Hope your can catch it then..:)

Mr Tee said...

momie,
I only catch 1st and 3rd. Pls email me the rest, k?

MGB,
What's CKB?

Anonymous said...

A chinese foochow in me and surrounded by hokkien friends in my adolescence, it doesn't take too much time for me to figure out the abbreviation.

No, I am not blowing my own trumpet, Momie.

The 2nd should be pronounce in foochow whereas 4th in hookien.

Hope my version tally with yours.