Tuesday 15 July 2008

Debate

Tonight there is a live telecast of debate over the increase of petrol between two leaders from different political parties. I do not watch as I do not subscribe to Astro or having the usual tv antenna to capture two channels. I believe it can be very fiery and interesting.

Reflecting on debate, I have only joined in one competition (in Form 5..i think) whereby we won 3rd prize...but I could remember when was it. It is definitely a special art to perform especially when we are trying to deflect and defuse the attacks from the opposition and those statements made must be valid and convincing with clear uttering of words. Emotion must be in check always as to ensure it does not run wild. Deduction of points will be made if one got mad and out of context.

Presenting one's opinion in clear and right manner are a good point of communication. Good communicating skills will win many favours from listeners whether they are friends or foes. If we are able to speak clearly with art and skill, one can win many hearts and solve many misunderstanding.

In negotiating terms and contracts, we need the art and skill deeply to present our case and attract our customer to understand and support our cause.

It is disheartening when we fail to communicate our ideas clearly or at times we do face challenges of expressing our views in direct and clear manners due to certain unwarranted cirscumtances.

Over years, I believe we must always have the courage to speak up and also to accept well of others' opinion. A win-win situation must be the aim for long term relationship although in business, it can be very "mean" with no hard feelings.

Going back to the live telecast, can anyone share with me how was last night's debate ?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soli MGB, I can't find live telecast when I switch on my TV but I manage to find LESTARY: SINDARELA.

WTF.


People syok syok with the debate, it gives me something else!


SI BEI TULAN.

Heroes said...

Joe, don't be upset as to blame yourself not to subscribe astro.

I watched the whole debate process and it's interesting. I must say our AI is a smart debater and he presented good points plus reasoning which now you could read from our local newspaper. As for the other one, my conclusion is that his presentation was more towards personal attack issue and repeated his points again & again.

For those who missed the live debate, you could go to youtube to see the whole debate process...

Mr Tee said...

The debate is clearly a KO for AI. He presented with facts and how to reduce fuel price by RM0.50. At least, now I know it's no longer a statement but rather a reality (for how long..not sure) if PR is the govt.

To me, it's more of an adult debating with a kiddo.

There was a follow-up and a caller from up North rang to say Shaberry hasn't mentioned how to reduce rakyat burden while AI did the clarification.

The saddest thing is he has been arrested before the due time of 2pm. It takes 0 IQ people to conclude he cldn't make it to police station for the questioning after coming back from ACA HQ. Spit!!!

Mr Tee said...

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/86203

Check it out yourself.