Tuesday 25 March 2008

Spending Time With Kids

How many times a week do you do window shopping ? I guess it would be minimal as normally our budget will limit us from doing more than we can as it will encourage overspending especially now after the new year season and insurance expenses need to be handled (or rather we lose control to the temptation of new things).

But then again, every time you are in a shopping mall, what is your objective especially you have already done with your weekly marketing...killing time ?

For me...it is part of parenting task...for normal week without public holidays, it is still manageable with your kids around doing the usual shopping as we would love to spent time with them. However, when it is a long weekend, just like the last weekend, almost everyday I have to serve to their needs. It is a tough activity as we have only handful of shopping malls around Kuching and more painstakingly we have limited $$ to manage when we are spending much on breakfasts, lunches, dinners and in between aiscream, titbits etc. This time round, they are just exchanging places between "Boulevard" and "Spring" as their favourites. Everise and Saberkas are nearly forgotten. Parkson or Tun Jugah are not found in their list anymore. Kenyalang still slightly in the memory as they can find their movies there.

Of late, I would just drive them around the city (still spending the petrol..huh) as this is more manageable though they grumble along the way (but I would treat them to supper at 3rd mile or Jln Song)

May be should try to bring them to the outskirt, to the beach or nearby picnic areas at least they are nearer to learn about Mother nature. In 10 years time...(which is very fast) and I would be nearly half of a century man....their preference may be with their own friends etc...so least not to waste time and need to make full use of these precious loving time to be with them and grow up to see they are useful lads.

Moses is still waking up at this moment...whereas Rachel has already asleep about 90 minutes ago. I need to be with him now to ensure he sleeps earlier (I must admit that it is best of life for having them...those of you parents, I bet you are 100% agreeable). Good night...

8 comments:

Heroes said...

hahaha.....kids are always like the new thing and so do us as adult, don't you agree?

Moses, when u r in Jln Song, don't forget to call uncle to join you for makan ok? :-)

Momie said...

ya agreed with u..hv to spend more time with them..when they reach to certain age, they rather stay at home n watch cartoons or hang out with their frens...

that is y old ppl's advice is hv another one when u reach to 38-40. hahahhaha...like our aunt Annie.

Bring the kids out of coz need to spent some $$. Like Ignatius,we hv to spent at least S$5/day for weekdays..during weekend worst..If he follows his dad..cham lor.

Why guys likes to pamper their kids?? That is my kids prefer their daddy..'ada kam tao'

mygreatbuds said...

Uncle, no worries and hope you dun mind if I keep calling you to buy me bfast, brunch, lunch, hitea dinner and supper...plus power rangers toys/movies etc...

Mr Tee said...

MGB,
Who is momie?

Mr Tee said...

If she is ur sis that i used to remember, she has changed a lot indeed.

Oops....i may have changed a lot too if she still recall who am i.

Momie said...

I knew who is heroes but i dunno who r u, Mr Tee.

mygreatbuds said...

Mr. Tee a.k.a Paul Ting, please meet my younger sister (blood sister..ya...not the others you met around my arms/legs..:) )

Momie, Mr. Tee has three lovely boys and he also went through near hell as I learnt from him. But as a good father, he had broken 2 new Shimono aka mop in the span of just 2 months I think whereas mine would at least 1 year (BTW, just broke my last one).

Momie said...

MGB, me also gng thru the agony..the eldest is getting better but now is the youngest one who just get started..

think everyday my opposite blocks will hear my voice screaming at my kids..heheheh..