Tuesday 18 March 2008

Goofing Off ?

Do you know how much 'time' one had spent time goofing off in a year ? I was told that it is as much as 30% of one is working. Frankly, I do not know about the word "goofing off" until two years ago when I attended a management training.

What is goofing off ? According to Wikipedia...it means...

The verb phrase goofing off is commonly used to describe activities which might otherwise be considered recreation or idle pastime, but which occur while other obligations are being neglected. In some cases the phrase is used by stoic or ascetic people to describe any recreation activity, with the implication that all of life's hours have an associated obligation which precludes idle pleasure. Common obligations routinely neglected in the course of goofing off include paid employment, social courtesies, or the expectations of relatives.
So do you goof off around ? For me, I do when I think I am overstressed...at times just wanted to relax and switch off to screen saver mode....so that I do not suffered burnout. (this is especially during festive seasons). In fact, blogging or surfing at net is also a mode of goofing off during office hours or replying to personal emails etcetc...you know best...hehehe...

No comments: