Friday 15 October 2010

Celebration of Life

This year's birthday was again lived away from home as I need to attend the Blue Ocean Strategic Thinking Seminar at Flamingo Hotel by the lake, Ampang, It was quiet and only one of my KL colleagues quietly wishes me and another overheard, also join to shake hands.

My kids and wife had celebrated my birthday 4 days earlier on 10-10-10. We had a great steamboat dinner. My kids specially made the birthday cards using my laptop. Their mum help them to perfect it. Hmm, it is great effort from them.

My office colleagues also gave me a surprise birthday wishing, 15 minutes before I rush for my flight to KL on 13th. It was a great thought of theirs which I appreciate very much.

Frankly, I want to be "special" especially when it comes to birthday as it is something that is bigger than any other celebration. I believe everyone will also feel the same. This is the day, we are born into the world, living among with others and a journey of life till the end.

Nowsaday, you have a social network like FB having the function to publish your birthdate making it easy for your friends to remember your big day and wishing for you. It is a great effort and good. Nevertheless for my preference, I would treasure a more personal approach rather been reminded as it shows that you are special and appreciated and closer. To all that I care more, I would give them sms wishes rather than FB. I would pray for them. As those I care most, I would meet them and sing birthday song and cut cakes.

A celebration of life - this year, I will be embarking a totally new approach before the big 40 comes in another 12 months. This is to prepare myself for bigger dream that I wish to accomplish. The spotlight would be on my family, my kids and my health. A transformation not only easy to write or comprehend but most importantly easier to implement.

So, do pray for my success. Cheers!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephen, Happy Belated Birthday. As you know I just reconnect with all of you 2/3 months back and only active with facebook early this year. Take care of yourself and be happy always.
Warmest regards,
Hee Kiong