Friday 11 April 2008

Watch and Control Your Petrol Consumption

I have spent RM443.04 on petrol for my Matrix 1.6 Auto for the month of March and it exceeded my usual estimation of RM300.00. This is probably due to the fact that I do not track exactly by the amount but rather by the number of days since the last pumping of petrol @ 5-6 days.

Few days ago, when I chatted with my customers, they said it is normal as they usually spent RM500 average a month for their 2.0l vehicles. Though I have not being really concern on such spending on petrol since the first day I own a car, but with more responsibilities ahead of me, it is a serious wake up call as I go through my credit card statement, I must scrutinise further to ensure every drop of petrol is well burn.

So, if this is going to be a monthly affair, it is going to be tough ! Those hundred saved can be channelled to my children education funds ! or make my dream comes faster, isn't not ?

With the early warning of high consumption from my friends who had Matrix, I have actually already add special Nano addictives to the petrol which is believed to be able to save my petrol consumption by as much as 23%. I believe it had done so but may be due to my concentration to sales activities lately plus heavy travelling to my new house every afternoon during lunch time, the figure shoot up...

Rumour is great that there will be another increase in the petrol soon...but the rice will increase first ? Well, I can stop eating rice as to slim down but my Matrix must consume petrol to bring me and family around....so with every part/little increase here and there, the total sum of the number will make our financial at real stretch and give pressure to ourself.

Just be wary...I am reminding myself...and also all of you that consume petrol !

12 comments:

Heroes said...

It's hard to budget how much to spend on petrol for our car. I would say that most of the time it would exceed our budget as you could experience from the nature of our work. We have to bear with it eventhough the petrol price is going to increase again. Do we have a choice here? I think you should know the answer unless we choose to use the public transport but of course not taxis...... or even could think of car pool like in Singapore.

Momie said...

Heroes, that is y now in s'pore, everybody prefer public transport like bus/mrt..Besides the cost of the petrol consumption, you even hv to pay for electronic road pricing (ERP). when you reach home, you hv to pay the car park fee if not the parking attendant (Fong Fei Fei) will left a love notes to you.

Heroes said...

Momie, you mean u have to pay the parking lot fee down yr apartment?? In S'pore everything, everywhere, everytime is money...$$$$$$..

BTW, your parking attendant is Fong Fei Fei, the old famous Taiwan singer??? :-0

Momie said...

Ya,hv to pay for the parking lot. somemore is not under shelter.

ya the Fong Fei Fei is the old famous Taiwan Singer..In s'pore they the parking attendant as Fong Fei Fei coz they always wear big hat. hahhaha...middle of the nite they also come n hv a spot check..so dun play play..

Once you step out fm your house, your $$ start to roll out.

Pat said...

In Klang Valley, some people already switching to NGV to reduce petrol bills.

But of course, NGV stations hard to find and have to pump very often.

Anonymous said...

MGB, don't mind to enlighten me the location of the new house?

mygreatbuds said...

Near Heroes' house, about 5 minutes smooth drive at average 40km/h...across the Sungai Sarawak Kiri....a taman called Riveria.

On your next trip to Kuching, shall have you stay in my house...

Anonymous said...

Heroes, you are going to have a new neighbour very soon. Any plan to welcome a new member in the neighbourhood?

Btw, thanks for the offer.

Heroes said...

Joe, new neighbourhood...... another liabilities.....as too near which within 5 minutes smooth drive especially at night.... like coffee or supper time....

He shall big do on the house homing i guess so as you know big house and big boss.....probably our Pehin also will be invited....

joseph said...

haha.... you really make me laugh, heroes. your response make me think that you have 2 additional commitments when a new member join your neighbourhood namely
1) you will be visiting petrol station more often than before

2) buying "big thing" for the house-warming party as Pehin will be invited as well.

MGB, do you have anyting to add or say of what heroes have mentioned?

mygreatbuds said...

Joe, you must ask Heroes to give a truthful and factual situation...rather than making the assumption.

Anonymous said...

Heroes ah, where are you? MGB told me hor to pass the message to you hor that you should give a more realistic comments hor...