Saturday 15 September 2007

Moon Cake Festival


Moon Cake Festival: A Mid-Autumn Festival (Chung Chiu), the third major festival of the Chinese calendar, is celebrated on the 15th day of the eighth month.
So, this year's celebration shall be on 25th September 2007, Tuesday.
There are several versions of why Chinese celebrates this occassion but for me, I always treasure this occasion as a family reunion or special gathering where as kids this day brings a lot of cheers, foods and enjoyments.
As for now, I am trying to bring back this environment and shared with my own kids so that they could appreciate the celebration of this happy occasion.
I should probably make a trip back to Sibu on this occasion to be with my parents to recollect this celebration, other than Chinese New Year.

No comments: