Tuesday 9 June 2009

Mount Kinabalu 2nd Expedition

I am pleased to present you a photo edited by Mr. Tee showing the view of the mighty mountain from Laban Rata.

After slightly more than a month coming down from Mount Kinabalu, the urge of conquering the top has never faded and in fact I have been enquiring for the earliest expedition again to conquer this mountain. I have received request from few friends (not BMs) to organise the trip soonest possible such as in Nov 2009 and of course many had written down in their diary for the May/June 2010 challenge.

What is important here is the fitness and mental level, especially for myself. Of course there is always an exception like our living example of BM5, who is not fit (no training) but has the super mental to back him to the top. So, I would only referring this to my current condition and to achieve this feat, I must conquer my following challenges first;

a) Twice weekly 5km run/10km walk, increasingly to 15km walk
b) Weekly mountain climbing activities, increasing to conquer Mount Santubong before D-day
c) Twice weekly 1 hourly squashing
d) Weekly weight training
e) Learning rope/rock climbing

Above all, I must have my weight reduced by 25% (naturally diet observance and alll the above exercise regime, I will definitely achieve that...:) ).

The greatest challenge is the discipline to start and maintaining this programme. I believe I will end victorious.

(Those who are determined (not only interested but determined) to participate in the next expedition to Mount Kinabalu - please register your name in this reply column...)

1 comment:

Pat said...

Good for you, gambate! :)