Friday 19 December 2008

The Mood Is Building Up...

Yesterday, I brought my family, my mother in law and two nieces to Boulevard and observed that the crowd is there. Many seem to already into the higher gear of preparing for their year end buyings, getting new clothing, gifts etc. This weekend, I believe it will be the peak...knowing that Christmas is just another 6 days to go, Chinese Winter Festival will be on this Monday and foremost our yearend cum Christmas gathering will be on this Saturday...don't you agree that the mood is reading on the way up...

Then at the kopitiam, the number is bigger than usual (in my heart, I am asking myself whether how true will recession be coming in ?). These crowd are likely those who had just finished shopping where stop for a refueling before heading home.

I didn't buy anything except colour papers and pens which is for our X'mas gathering tomorrow. Nevertheless, I was tempted to buy a new slack but decided not to...why? Guess ?

My RM (aka Rachel Moses) have been persuading me to buy their Christmas gifts. I have not prepared personally but was not interested to buy those displayed there as the quality is quite run down (that is why they have a 20% discount). Rachel has been asking for gameboy whilst Moses is all for Ben10 series.

Time is running out very soon and I need to work something fast for them before the celebration is over. I must admit admit that Christmas Gift giving is a treasure of my heart as my parents though do not give us expensive gifts but the event of giving gift during Christmas really remained sweet memories.

What we (my brothers/sister) have prepared during our time was we will put up stokings (of course we put up the big one...the football stoking) at the window knobs of our living room and pray together in front of our lighted Christmas tree to God for blessing and Santa to grant our wish. Then we will go to bed very early at around 9pm. Waking up very early the next morning, we will find present/gift in the stoking. At that time, we really believe that Santa had came physically to place the gifts for us and in fact it is, through the form of our parents.

Yes, without the grace of God, we will not be able to accept and practice the goodness of gift giving. A gift does not need to be expensive but meaningful even a sms will suffice, if we send with sincere care and concern (A hug is a good gift to reassure another and oneself of the care and support for one another...)

This is a time of sharing, bonding and reflection for the graces, blessings that we have experienced and reaching to everyone we care and love. May we enjoy this season with stronger faith, love, peace and harmony together with family, friends and neighbours. Pass on the light of Christmas till it warmth all around us...

5 comments:

Heroes said...

Not buying a new slack??? Hmm..... thought of reducing yr waist line further in a month time!!! I am speechless.......

mygreatbuds said...

Ya...you are right. :) but seriously just dun want to waste money where possible to maximise every single RM...

Anonymous said...

Heores, it seems like you know MGB very well. And you know what he is thinking.

Btw, I hate to visit heroes.blogspot.com nowadays. wanna know why? Guess?

Heroes said...

Haha...Joe, as per your request....just updated my blog lor....

Anonymous said...

Heroes, it seems like you know what I am thinking too.

Having said that, when are you going to update your blog?